Friday, October 15, 2010

Cats and keyboards: What's the fascination?


Eamon the cat keeping a close eye on the keyboard
My home office contains a wide, deep desk.  My computer takes up less than a fourth of the entire space, which allows me to scatter books and research materials about while I am working, without placing any of these items on my computer itself.

However, Eamon has decided that he should also be allowed on the desk, in order to supervise me and read what I am writing.

Because I am a typical cat owner who loves her cats beyond al measure, I thought that I was certainly the only person who had experienced this.  My cat just simply must be original in all matters.

Turns out, I was wrong.  There are multiple websites describing just this phenomenon in detail, including this blog by WolfDaddy and this very funny site that offers a program to detect cat typing.

Apparently, the post-modernists had it right:  There are no original ideas.  At least I got a good photo.

No comments: