Friday, September 9, 2011

Does your dog bark during a dream?

video
Liam sits at the base of my desk all day long, and most of the time, he spends his day asleep. He might move from bed to bed, and he might play with his toys for a few minutes here and there, but when I look down, he's often asleep. Often, I look down because he is barking in his sleep.

Many dogs run or twitch while they're sleeping. My cats do this, too. Liam is the first dog I've had that actually barks in his sleep, however. Since he's not moving his mouth, the barks are a bit muffled and strange. But they can be loud enough to be distracting during the day. If he starts barking in his sleep at night, he's often loud enough to wake me up.

I suppose it could be worse, however. Beagle owners often report that their dogs howl in their sleep. Check out this video. I don't know how I would handle that and get any work done. And if I had this puppy, I don't think I could do anything at all except watch it sleeping. So cute!