Friday, May 30, 2014

Pet Naturals Review: Beorn and Eamon check out the Hip+Joint for Cats product

Beorn the cat tries to climb over a fence
"Getting over this fence is a total pain!"
A cat tries to climb a fence
"But I will make it happen!"
Beorn does this big leap over my front gate dozens of times each and every day, and it's hard for him, as his back isn't quite the same after his nasty run-in with the car. Sometimes he gets too creaky to get over the fence, and he just sits and cries until I get up and let him either out or in.

So when PetNaturals of Vermont asked me if I'd like to review their Hip+Joint Product for Cats, I got pretty excited. I thought I had a pretty good test case, especially as I have another well-documented back-pain cat in the house (and frankly, I loved the idea of getting free samples). So, of course, I agreed.

It's been about a week, and while these guys are notoriously reluctant to provide any kind of feedback (cats can be weirdly quiet about pain), I do have several good things to say about this particular product.

First off, these guys love the way the chews taste. Both cats have snapped at my fingers, trying to get the treats out of my hands, and they come running when they hear the bag crinkle. I haven't had to bury the treats in food, shove the treats down their throats or do anything else that's extreme. I hold out the treat and get out of the way, and off they go to gobbling. I like that.

I've also noticed a dip in the number of times Beorn has asked me to open the gate. He still has to perch on the top as a resting place, but he is much more willing to make that jump. That seems like a good sign to me, and it seems to suggest that he needs to stay on these things.

Eamon hasn't had such a dramatic reaction, but he has been a little more affectionate, and he did get into a pretty spirited game of chase-the-tail this week, which I haven't seen him do in a year or longer. It could be that he was just in the mood for a little spree, of course, but I'm not discounting the idea that the treats are helping.

Each treat contains both glucosamine and condroitin, along with MDM and DMG. The manufacturer also reports that the ingredients are all natural.

If you'd like to give them a try, the manufacturer is also offering a pretty nifty giveaway. Simply go to this link and fill out the form. The first 100 people who do that will get a free bag of treats (score!) while anyone who comes a little late to the party will get a coupon for treats (still a score, in my book). It's a great way to do your own little test to see if these products will be right for your cats. (Update: Sorry, this promotion is over!)

Disclaimer: I was sent these samples as compensation for an honest review. I alone am responsible for this content, and no money changed hands. Rest assured that I only recommend products that I believe provide real value. This disclosure comes in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Enjoy!

No comments: