Friday, May 16, 2014

We're ready for the 2014 Pug Crawl! Are you?

Pug and Boston terrier in costumes
This weekend is the annual Pug Crawl in Portland, and when I found out that the theme involved Comic Con, I knew Star Trek would play a role. Here's what I came up with.

Sinead is (obviously) Mr. Spock. Her ears and overall serious expression make this a pretty perfect fit, and this snappy shirt from Amazon fits her nicely. It even has an emblem on the back!

Two costumed dogs sharing a kiss

Liam's costume was a little more difficult, but in the end, I modified an old dragon costume and transformed him into a Gorn from Season 1. Not up on your Trekkie stuff? This might help:


Liam doesn't hiss and he's not quite the right color, but I think it's close enough!
Liam the pug and Sinead the boston terrier are ready for pug crawl

So we're ready for Sunday! And next week, I'll have tons of photos to share. In the interim, check out my coverage of past crawls here and here.



No comments: