Friday, August 29, 2014

Fun stuff from the August BarkBox (although one little dog doesn't agree)

Sinead the Boston terrier and her toys
I'm a self-professed fan of dog costumes. I love to dress my critters up in tuxedos, in frilly necklaces and in dinosaur costumes. It's a thing. So I was thrilled that this month's Bark Box had a little scarf in it from Safemade. It has wee little stripes on one side, and tiny anchors on the other. It looks pretty damn good on Sinead, I must say, and I've dressed her up for photos quite a bit this week.

But she's totally over it, as you can see.
Sinead the Boston terrier in a scarf
"If I close my eyes, will you stop taking my picture?"

Thankfully, there are a lot of other things in this box that she really does like (and a few that the other pets really love).

One big hit is a lobster from PetRageous. This is the little red toy in Sinead's photos, and it's been by her side for about a week or so (since our box came in the mail). This toy is designed to float, so I can see how it would be great for dogs who love to get wet, but Sinead seems to enjoy just carrying this around on dry land, too.

We also got a dog mop from Muddy Buddy, and while the dogs might not be thrilled about this, I really am. It's designed to help dry a dog off quickly after a bath, and it has little handles that make the whole drying-off process really quick and easy. I used this over the weekend for Liam's bath, and I am already a huge fan.

Beorn the cat on his scratching post
"Um, did you forget my treats?"
I'm nursing ill Beorn back to health (more on that in a post next week), so I was thrilled to see chicken breast treats from Bixbi in our BarkBox. These are made of pressed meat, with nothing icky like corn or soy, so I feel comfortable handing them out. And both the dogs and the cats just gobble these down.

The last item in our box was a big bag of lobster-based treats from Bocce's Bakery. Any kind of cookie is a big hit over here, and these are no exception. Liam, in particular, is thrilled with these cookies, and I'm happy to have them on hand!

Want to get your own BarkBox? Use my code. You'll get a discount, and so will I! 

No comments: