Tuesday, April 21, 2015

April 2015 BarkBox review: Welcome to an island paradise!

Liam the pug with his BarkBox toys

Don't let Liam's sleepy face fool you: He's thrilled about this month's BarkBox. He's so thrilled, in fact, that he's a little worn out from all of the playing he's done. Here's what he's excited about.

The treats

Most BarkBox shipments come loaded with treats, and this month is no exception. We had three different selections to choose from inside our box.

The only one we've tried thus far is from Nature's Bits. These treats are about the size of a silver dollar, and they're soft and flexible. They are very easy for Liam to gobble right down (unfortunately), but Sinead thinks they're treats that should be savored. She ate hers under the couch. She only does that when the food is really good, so I'll give these treats high marks.

A complete K9 meal bar from TurboPup also came packed in our box, and I'm excited about this particular option. Sinead and I are planning a trip to Nashville in May, and I've been a little worried about food and treats while we travel. I can see using this treat as a mid-flight snack. And she should have room in her crate for a snack, right?

Sinead sleeping in her travel carrier

The last treat is a bully stick from Superior Farms. I'm never excited about giving these treats in the house, as both Liam and Sinead seem to love to drag them all over the furniture rather than eating them. But, now that the weather is warmer, they can eat their snacks outside. Perfect!

The Toys 

Liam the pug posing with toys

The little bird on the right in this photo is made by Swag Co, and it's made of a material that looks an awful lot like denim. I'm happy to see it, as this toy looks pretty much indestructible. Given how hard these two play, it's nice to get toys that can stand up to the pressure.

That big pineapple from Safemade has been a particular hit, however, so the little bird is getting ignored. In fact, that pineapple is so popular that I got an entire set of adorable photos of Sinead with it this afternoon. Those will go in my Wordless Wednesday post tomorrow, so come back and check!

Meanwhile, I did snap this video of the two playing with the pineapple last night. Check it out, and notice how unimpressed Maggie is as she sleeps on the couch. The antics of these dogs seem to bore her.


So that's it for this month!

Disclaimer: I was not compensated in any way for this review. I just like these products, so I write about them! But if you're interested in getting your very own BarkBox, share the love and use this link. I'll get a free box. Thanks!

No comments: