Friday, May 15, 2015

Wake up, sleepy dogs! It's time for #PugCrawl!

Liam the pug and Sinead the Boston terrier look tired

Liam the pug and Sinead the Boston terrier spend most weekends looking like this. These dogs follow me around from room to room as I finish various household chores, and then they crash in their beds and rest up for the next day. But this weekend will be a whole lot different.

Why? Because we're heading to #PugCrawl!

On Sunday, more than 100 pugs will head to the Portland Brewing Company Taproom. This is no typical pug meetup, however, as most of these pugs will be in costume. Every year, there's a theme to the costumes, and I'm consistently impressed with the creativity of some of my fellow pug lovers. (See some examples of those costumes here and here.) I'm convinced that some people start working on their outfits the year prior, and most of these little pugs are really good-natured about their outfits. There's a little bit of unhappiness from one or two little ones, but I've seen pugs in full-blown wigs and body suits, taking it all in stride. It's quite a thing.

Particularly well-dressed pugs are encouraged to participate in a parade, and that's a ton of fun to watch. These little dogs are born performers, and they'll strut like crazy in front of cheering spectators. The parade alone is worth the price of admission.

But there are also vendors to check out, delicious beers to drink and adoptable pugs to meet and enjoy. Really, there's something for everyone.

Liam, Sinead and I will be there. But unfortunately, we won't be in costume this year. The theme for this year's crawl is sports, and we're not really the sporting types over here. Try as I might to come up with a great costume, I drew a blank. So we'll be there to cheer on the other pugs, and I'll be sure to take a ton of pictures for next week's blog. Be sure to check back and see what all went down!

And if you're heading to the crawl, be sure to stop by and say hello! I'll be the one with the super-small Boston. Should be easy to pick me out in the sea of pugs, right?

Hope to see you!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a ton of fun! Looking forward to seeing pics of costumed pugs!

    ReplyDelete