Thursday, August 20, 2015

Cat food sweepstakes: Let your cats try Solid Gold, courtesy of Lucy!

Lucy the blind cat sleeping under a chair

Update: The sweepstakes is closed! Thanks to everyone who entered. Winners are Jules McNubbin (grand prize) and DZ Dog (second winner).

Lucy knows it's time for dinner, long before the other cats even have a clue about meal prep. That's because her sense of hearing is so acute. Since Lucy is blind, she really relies on those fuzzy ears of hers. And when I'm popping dinner into the bowl, she's well aware of everything I'm doing.

But even so, it's sometimes hard to get her interested in food. More often than not, she knows that I'm prepping her dinner, but she refuses to hop up out of her sleeping spot in order to nosh. I put her bowl out, and she just stays in place.

Cat food bowl in the middle of a room

A lot of that changed when I enrolled Lucy in the Solid Gold Free Spirit Challenge. Lucy was introduced to a new type of cat food here, and she's a big fan. As am I.

Solid Gold cat foods come with a number of really great advantages. These foods:
  • Are produced in the United States
  • Contain no soy, sugar, artificial preservatives or by-product meal
  • Deliver probiotics 
That means they're full of the things Lucy needs in order to stay healthy. But they're free of the things that could make her sick.

Most importantly, these are foods that Lucy will actually eat. She might never be a girl that runs to the bowl at dinnertime, but when she does hunker down with her food, she eats happily and completely. That means these foods are delivering a texture and a taste she really likes.

Blind cat Lucy eating Solid Gold cat food

I'm thankful that the kind people at Solid Gold gave me the opportunity to try out this food. And I'm thrilled to announce that they'd like to let my readers try out their products, too!

The grand prize winner of this sweepstakes will get a prize pack containing food (you have a selection of flavors to choose from), along with a few other goodies. And a second-place winner will get some coupons for food.

Ready to enter? Almost. Here are a few rules and regulations:
  • The contest starts today, and it will end on 8/27/2015.
  • No purchase necessary.
  • To enter, use the widget below. No other entry formats allowed. 
  • The number of eligible entries received will determine your odds of winning.
  • The winner will be chosen at random via Rafflecopter from the eligible entries. 
  • The name of the winner will be posted on this blog, and I'll contact you via email, too. 
  • The winner will have 1 week to claim the prize, and if it's not claimed, a new winner will be chosen at random via Rafflecopter.
  • The grand prize will be sent to the winner by Solid Gold, so you'll need to provide a valid mailing address. I'll send the coupons via mail, too.
  • Open to residents of the United States, older than age 18.
  • Void where prohibited by law. 
Whew!

So what are you waiting for?

a Rafflecopter giveaway
Good luck!

Disclaimer: I was sent samples to try as compensation for this blog post. I wasn't paid for my time, nor was I provided with specific words to use in my review. All of the opinions expressed here are my own (and they weren't purchased!).

11 comments:

  1. My grand children's cats are Sohie, Nemo and Dorie.. These cats are very lucky to live in such a great home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are adorable names! I'm sensing a fish theme...

      Delete
  2. Klaus has Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (a genetic heart condition) and Bella is at risk for diabetes. Thus, I'm always looking for the best of the best that will tend to their needs but also sate their tastes. I find it hard to feed them both the same food. This looks like it could be a good pick for the both of them and I'm very much a fan of the idea of Probiotics. If we humans need them then why don't cats?

    So glad to see Lucy enjoying her dinner. Many thanks for the opportunity!

    Love and kitty kisses from myself and the fur kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the best to Klaus and Bella. Those are tough diseases, for sure, but good nutrition might be really helpful in turning things around!

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I most certainly agree. I've been feeding them Blue Buffalo / Simply Nourish (PetSmart's Brand Equivalent). I'm waiting right now for a shipment from Solid Gold. We'll see how that goes!

      Thank you again for the recommendation. I find so many interesting things on your blog. <3

      Delete
    3. Of course! I hope it works out for your kitties.

      Delete
  3. I've been thinking of rotating our cats food, sounds like a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merlot is 5 years old, and Belle is 4 years old. Both are rescues. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad that you found a food that you like. Yummers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have 3 cats. Trinny is 12, Charley is 11 and Gracie May is 3 years old. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have 6 cats! Pedro, Rico, and Buttons are 10 yrs old. Boots and Mojo are 11 yrs old, Sophie is 1.

    ReplyDelete