Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Meet Popoki: My foster cat

Foster cat Popoki hiding in her shelter kennel

This week was a rough one for my local animal shelter. Allegations, suspicions and drama all wrapped up in one big bundle of yuk. I wrote about it on this blog, but I've been wondering what else I could do to help the shelter through a tough time.

Then I met this pretty lady. She's a Persian Exotic Shorthair kitty, she's 2 years old and her name is Popoki. She was stressed and nervous in the shelter, so that's given her immune system a hit. So, not surprisingly, she also developed an upper-respiratory tract infection. That's dangerous for flat-faced cats like this.

So she needed a foster home. And I wanted to help. So she came here!

Foster cat Popoki resting in the shelter

She's just arrived, and she's spending her time examining the space underneath the guest bed. I'm hoping she'll feel confident enough to come out for a visit and a meal in a little bit.

But in the interim, welcome Popoki!

And check out the other blogs in this Wordless Wednesday series. Good stuff this week!

6 comments:

  1. I am so glad you were there to give Popoki a helping hand when she needed it the most. Who knows? Your love could completely change her situation. She is a really beautiful girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm totally not doing her justice with these photos, as she really is a stunner. I'm hoping a little rest and calm, attentive care will help her to feel better.

      Delete
  2. good for you - take a stand and help this pretty girl (though she may be more of an exotic shorthair from the picture)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right! She probably IS an exotic shorthair! We just go by what the families tell us when they drop these guys off. Looks like they had it wrong, too!

      Delete
  3. What a great example of what you wrote about in the previous post. You did something to help out and make a difference. Wonderful! Popoki is beautiful and I hope she's feeling at home soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really did feel compelled to do something. It feels good to take a stand.

      Delete