Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Wordless Wednesday: Remembering Eamon the senior cat

Eamon the senior cat covering his eyes
For today's Wordless Wednesday, I thought I'd share a few of my favorite shots of Eamon, my cat that crossed the bridge earlier this week. He was such a big part of this blog, and my family, and I miss him like crazy.
Eamon the brown tabby all curled up on his grey bed
Eamon couldn't sleep in tight positions later in life, but he was a master when younger.
Three cats all curled up on the same cat bed
Lucy, Maggie and Eamon sleeping together, all lined up in a row.
Eamon the brown tabby on a shiny floor
An early attempt to get artistic.
Eamon the brown tabby had big yellow eyes
He had the prettiest eyes.
Eamon and Lucy in one cat bed
Eamon and Lucy in a cuddly moment.
Two cats sharing one cat bed
And in a different cat bed, years later.
Eamon the senior cat in the sun
This is one of the best later photos I have.
They say that grief is the price we pay for the love we get from our pets. But sometimes, like today, that price seems a little high.

Thanks for looking. And thanks to everyone who has sent notes, Tweets, Facebook photos and letters. It helps. It really does.

14 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your loss, he was a very handsome cat. I loved reading your blog description as my blog started out about just me, and now we have a cat (that looks just like Eamon) and another dog! Mom always said that having a pet is like eating potato chips, you can't stop at just one. Our sincere condolences on losing Eamon. Love Dolly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pets are very much like potato chips, for me! I honestly never intended to have such a large pet family. It just sort of... happened. But I do love them all dearly, and I miss them tons when they go. Thanks for stopping by. I'll have to check your blog out, too!

      Delete
  2. Aww! He was such a handsome mancat. I'm sorry to hear that he has gone to the bridge. That is very difficult. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. And thanks for the chuckle with "mancat." I needed that.

      Delete
  3. Eamon was a handsome guy. We're sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I know we see a lot of brown tabbies around, but I thought this one had something special. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear about Eamon. I'm sure he will be missed greatly, my heart goes out to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are so very sorry for your loss. He was a handsome boy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry for the loss of your Eamon, he was a handsome boy. I am paying that price right now too as my Lucy went to the bridge on 9/11, maybe they are playing together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that. All the best to you and yours.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful pictures. They will help keep the memories of your handsome Eamon alive forever. We share in your grief for all the kitties that have passed over the Rainbow Bridge.

    ReplyDelete