Sunday, October 11, 2015

Popoki the cat's Sunday Selfie: My funny exotic shorthair cat

Popoki the cat looking so sweet
This week, Popoki the cat decided she didn't want to take her own photograph. Running machinery is for people who have opposable thumbs, she says. Her job is to look beautiful, not to fuss with cameras and things.

So instead of a selfie, I'm giving you a few portraits of my exotic shorthair cat beauty. And yup, I did use the word "my." Popoki was officially adopted into this family on Friday. So you'll be seeing a lot more of her.

And by the looks of it, Popoki has a lot to say about that. Doesn't it look like she's about to burst into human speech? I think so.

Popoki the cat is preparing to do some talking

She's so fun and silly. But she's also very shy, so we're taking our introductions very slowly. She has yet to meet any of the other animals in the menagerie. I'll tell you more about what we're doing to help her feel comfortable later this week. Be sure to check back!

Thanks, as always, to our friends at The Cat on My Head for hosting this blog hop. Be sure to hop over there to express your admiration and thanks!


9 comments:

  1. Lovely selfie. She has gorgeous colour eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love her eye color. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. So cute!! She looks like she's posing for the camera :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny: She really does seem to like to pose. I wonder if her first family took her picture frequently. She seems accustomed to it!

      Delete
  3. She is adorable! Congratulations on your new addition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Couldn't be happier to have her as a part of the menagerie.

      Delete
  4. Poposi did a great job posing for you :) Pawkisses :) <3

    ReplyDelete