Sunday, October 18, 2015

Sunday Selfie: Troy the cat in the doghouse

Troy the cat is in the cat scratcher doghouse

Troy is spending this Sunday in the doghouse, both literally and figuratively. It seems this old guy has quite a bit of spunk left in him, and he's decided to demonstrate that all at once.

First, he's decided to take a few swats at resident blind cat, Lucy, which she finds terribly baffling. Troy sneaks up on her when she's sleeping, and then unleashes his fury. So we're back to reintroducing him to her in a controlled manner.

And then this happened.

Troy the cat wants a bit of ham

See that focus? The hubby is carving up some ham, and Troy decided that he really needed some. And he wasn't going to take no for an answer.

Cat is waving for attention and hoping for ham
"Hey, see my down here? See?"
Black cat Troy asking for ham
"I'm still here? See me?"
Of course, he didn't get any bites. But he did get a few treats as compensation.

These photos are part of the Sunday Selfies series, which I love. I'm so happy that this is a weekly tradition.


Be sure to check out some of the other blog entries in this series. Good stuff this week!

11 comments:

  1. Oooh man is HE going to have to mind his manners with poor Lucy! Hy c'mon Troy, you need to earn that hammy treat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! But I don't think he's getting the message quite yet :)

      This doghouse reminds me, BTW, of the one you're giving away on your page! I just entered. Hope I win!

      Delete
  2. Well Troy, I'd say those are great pictures. You may have to try jumping up to get that treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That doghouse looks mighty fine to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He spends a lot of time in there. The catnip I sprinkle on the bottom of it probably helps...

      Delete
  4. Troy, beating up on the blind cat is not a good things. However, we commend you for not jumping right up on the counter with the ham. That's what we would have done. Glad you got some treats even if you did land in the dog house. We are so happy that you like our blog hop and joined us. XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh. Old Troy's jumping days are over, I fear. He ambles around pretty well, but at 15+, he doesn't have the strength for much more than that! And it's good, too, as he would totally scour the counters if he could!

      Delete
  5. And did you get some, Troy? Pawkisses :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He got some non-ham treats. Totally not what he wanted, but better than nothing!

      Delete
  6. Troy, I feel your ham desires!!
    ~Annie

    ReplyDelete