Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Wordless Wednesday: Don't touch my dog toy!

Sinead and her Boston terrier dog toy
To you and I, this might look like a regular, round, orange dog toy. But to Sinead, this is a prized possession worth more than gold. She spends at least part of every evening licking, gnawing on, fetching or carrying this toy.

Maybe it's because the toy is about the size of her head, so it's easy to manipulate.

Sinead looks a little like her dog toy when they are both in profile

Or maybe she sees some sort of family resemblance (especially around the teeth).

Boston terrier loves her dog toy

It could be, however, that she likes the texture of this thing. It compresses nicely between her teeth, and chewing on it seems to soothe her.

Sinead the Boston terrier and her dog toy
The sad thing is that I have no idea where this dog toy came from, and while I've searched high and low, I can't find a replacement for it. So if Sinead gets too crazy about chewing this ball, I have no backup plan.

Any ideas? If you readers have this same dog toy, tell me where you got it! You'll be Sinead's hero.

8 comments:

  1. I've never seen that toy before and couldn't find anything through a Google image search either, darn! We've had a few of those special toys that I wish we could find again too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rats! It's so hard when they find something they love so much. I should keep better notes!

      Delete
  2. Wish I could be the hero and say I know where to find that, but I've never seen a toy like that before! She looks so cute with it! Especially love the pic of her gnawing on it. Hopefully it stays in one piece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully, she doesn't seem to destroy this toy with her gnawing. Her teeth must not be that sharp!

      Delete
  3. I am so sorry - but I've never seen this ball before. But the photos are priceless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! She does make a good model :)

      Delete