Sunday, November 29, 2015

Sunday Selfie: Lucy the blind cat

Lucy the blind cat posing for a Sunday selfie
I have always wanted to include Lucy in the Sunday Selfie series, hosted by my friends at The Cat on My Head. Why? Because I think Lucy is absolutely gorgeous. Just look at all of her wild whiskers and amazing mane! I just knew all of the cat lovers that follow this series would like to look at her pretty face.

Lucy the blind cat looks off to the side

But, Lucy is notoriously hard to photograph. Like most blind cats, she is very sensitive to any sort of noise, so the clicks and clacks of the camera are hard for her to tolerate. Even if I turn all of those noises off, she can startle when she hears me pressing buttons. So many of the shots I try to take are blurred, showing her turning her head at the last minute.

Lucy the blind cat holds still for a photo

So I was excited to catch her in a quiet mood this morning. She posed so nicely! Yay!

Be sure to check out some of the other blogs in this series. You'll be glad you did. And, as always, I'd love it if you left a comment for me. I read everything my readers write (really, I do!).

14 comments:

  1. Lucy is beautiful and her colours are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I particularly like her orange bits on her cheeks.

      Delete
  2. She is so beautiful. Hope she recovered from the loud clicks of the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is a lovely cat. A really lovely cat. Hello Lucy, and thank you for letting us see your portrait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucy is BEAUTIFUL! Her fur is so luxurious, and her coloring is lovely. We're glad you could include her in the selfie fun today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucy is soo gorgeous! Me ams in loves...
    -Oreo, who loves calico kitties....

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are adorable, Lucy. You have to show more of your selfies just to get used to the noise :) Happy Pawkisses :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good solution! Selfie training :)

      Delete
  7. What a beautiful girl Lucy is! She looks as though she could be part Main Coon.:)

    the critters in the cottage xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucy is a true beauty!! I love seeing her pictures!

    I do all those things when I hear or see the camera and I'm not blind!

    ReplyDelete