Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Wordless Wednesday: Happy pug on a sunny day (trying to cheer me up)

Liam the pug and his pig dog toys
If there's one thing about the pug temperament everyone should know, it's this: These little dogs love to make people happy. And when the people that they love are upset about something, pugs will go into absolute overdrive to entertain, please and comfort. Liam is doing that for me today.

I'm a little blue with Troy's sudden passing yesterday, so Liam has pulled out all of the stops with his toys. Every time I turn around, he has some new trinket in his paws.

Pug surrounded by his dog toys

I think he wants me to throw some of these toys so he can impress me with his fetch skills. Or maybe he'd like for me to play a rousing game of tug. Clearly, he thinks he can help.

Liam the pug looking up, asking for instructions

I think it helps. But there's one person here who doesn't agree with me. Popoki seems a little baffled by all of the Liam antics, and she's retreated to the back of her little cat bed until things settle down.

Popoki glares at the pug and his toys

Note the disapproving frown and the folded paws. She looks like a little schoolmarm, ready to whip out the ruler for a whipping.

Popoki the cat looks angry

Yeah, she's not happy.

But as for me, I'm thankful for Liam. I think his work helps a lot.

Thanks for looking, and do leave me a comment so I'll know you were here. And don't forget to visit some of the other blogs in the hop! The BlogPaws group always does a wonderful job with wordless Wednesday. You won't want to miss out.

15 comments:

  1. Popoki does look like a schoolmarm dealing with a disruptive student! That made me laugh. ☺ I'm sure Liam is making your day a bit happier. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Popoki always looks a little disappointed in the world around her. She cracks me up. Thanks for the visit!

      Delete
  2. Our pets can always make us smile even on the most glum days. I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Love & Biscuits,
    Dogs Luv Us and We Luv Them

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about Troy's passing. I'm sending good thoughts your way and Liam's doing his part to help heal your heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Liam is a good healing help, that's for sure.

      Delete
  4. Good job, Liam. Furry friends are always so intuitive and compassionate, aren't they? <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are. I'm always surprised at how well animals seem capable of reading human emotions.

      Delete
  5. They are so cute!

    Purrs xx
    Athena and Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jean, first time visitor and commenter.

    Firstly, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, letting go is always the hardest thing to do.

    However, Liam has really brightened my mood today- he is an absolutely adorable little Pug and I'm so glad see him do his best to cheer you up, dog's are great at knowing when something is getting their humans down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thanks for the visit and for the comment. I hope you'll come back!

      Delete
  7. I'm so sorry for your loss. Your little pug is working so hard, he looks worried. Your other kitty is a contender to be the next Grumpy Cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Liam looks perennially worried. It's sort of his default expression (unless he's eating). It's part of what makes him so endearing, I think. And that Popoki does have the turned-down mouth of Grumpy Cat! You're totally right about that.

      Delete