Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Raw feeding for dogs has never been so easy: Instinct Raw Boost Mixers #mixitup

Liam the pug sitting next to his bag of Instinct food
A few weeks ago, I shared some shopping snaps with you, as Liam and I headed out to pick up some Instinct® Raw Boost® Mixers. At that time, I promised you a longer, more robust description of what the product is and how it works. (Did you miss it? Click here). It's time for the followup post!

This post is sponsored by Instinct® and the BlogPaws Professional Pet Blogger Network. I am being compensated for helping spread the word about Instinct® Raw Boost® Mixers, but I only share information I feel is relevant to my readers. Instinct is not responsible for the content of this article. 

Liam the pug is a long-time raw food eater. I originally transferred him to raw after dealing with ages and ages of nausea, gas and loose stool. I tried making my own food, switching to different prepared food and feeding him in elevated bowls. Nothing worked, until I went to raw. Now, he eats raw for breakfast and dinner. And he gets a little kibble at lunch.

Liam the pug looking at a sample of the dog food

Pugs are gluttons, so I never have problems with picky eating. Liam will eat pretty much anything I put in his bowl. But sometimes, feeding raw for those two meals can be tricky. When we travel, I can't always pack a ton of raw.

The Raw Boost Mixers from Instinct are made just for this issue.

I can pop a few of these little nuggets right on top of Liam's kibble portion and serve that up to him. I don't need to add water, mash things up or otherwise manipulate the little bites. I can put them right down on top of his kibble when it's time to eat. So he gets the benefit of a raw diet as a topper, without the hassle of raw.

Liam's dog food bowl with topper

I chose the lamb flavor (yummy!), and Liam's been getting a few bites on top of his kibble at lunchtime. He loves the stuff, and I haven't seen any nausea or digestive upset with this product. That makes it a winner, for me.

This product also has other benefits. It's all natural, grain-free and freeze dried. That means the ingredients are great, and it doesn't need refrigeration or other fancy manipulations. Yay!

Would you like to try it? I thought so. You can get your own bag at PetSmart, and there's a special campaign during the month of January. Right now, you can buy a 4oz bag for 20 percent off, and you can pick up cool trial sizes for a lowered price, too. Not sure where a PetSmart is in your area, or would you rather shop online? Try this tool. And if you want to find out more about the Nature's Variety Instinct brand, click here.

Disclaimer: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Nature's Variety. The opinions and text are all mine. Reader comment disclaimer: Comments submitted may be displayed on other websites owned by the sponsoring brand.

4 comments:

  1. That sounds like a good food. I commend you for feeding raw, I want to do that for the cats, but I am too lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Liam the Pug! What a good looking boy! <3 We love Instinct Raw Boost Mixers too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My cat is a glutton just like Liam :)
    These Raw Boost Mixers seem like a great option for dog parents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are also feeding raw and love the Mixers. It is ideal for travel.

    ReplyDelete