Monday, February 15, 2016

Feeling a love hangover? Why not celebrate Anipal Appreciation Day!

Liam the pug and Sinead the Boston terrier sharing a bed
We can't all be spry and chipper like Liam the pug--especially on the Monday after a big holiday. Most of us, and I put myself deeply in this category, would rather spend a day like today curled up with a cup of tea and a few hundred episodes of Seinfeld. Few of us want to do something as productive as WRITING, especially pet blog writing.

When I feel at a loss for what to say, or I am struggling to harness any kind of creativity at all, I look to my fellow pet bloggers for inspiration. Without fail, I'll walk away from a browsing session with a few great ideas and a renewed sense of vigor.

I owe these other bloggers a deep debt of love and gratitude, and that's what today is all about.


Anipal Appreciation Day, started by the fabulously named Piglove blog, is designed to help pet bloggers recognize one another publicly. We get our thanks out of the way, and you get to check out some new blogs you may not have heard of before.

Here are a few of my go-to inspirations, just for this special day.

Animal Shelter Volunteer Life is packed to the gills with fabulous photos of cats up for adoption at a shelter in Connecticut. I write a similar blog for Willamette Humane Society, and I can tell you it's hard to come up with new photos, new captions and new ways to tell a cat story--and I only write once per week! I admire the creativity of this blog so much, and it never fails to inspire me.

The Hailey and Zaphod Chronicles details the doings of two really special dogs and the person who cares for them. The best thing about this blog? The photo captions. I almost always get a giggle when I read the text underneath the photos. And the shots are really well composed, too.

Barking from the Bayou floors me every time with awesome Photoshop work. The pets on this blog hold press conferences, drive boats, wear costumes and otherwise do non-pet things, all through some sneaky computer work. It's very inspiring, and it reminds me that I need to do some of that myself!

Popoki the cat turns her frown upside down

So if you need a little help (like Popoki) in turning a frown upside down, check out these blogs. And consider writing up your own thank-you notes, too! Trust me: It feels good to share the love.

Check back tomorrow for a recap of Sinead's mast cell tumor surgery. I'm hoping to have good news to share!

12 comments:

  1. Thank you for your kind words about my blog. I really appreciated it. Hugs to you and the menagerie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stopping in to check on Sinead! I hope things went well today.

    P.S.: I agree the pet blogging community is amazing - so creative and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesterday was a bit of a whirlwind, but I just updated the blog with her surgery report. Thanks for the support!

      Delete
  3. OMD! Thank you so very much for the shout out. I am thrilled that you enjoy the boys adventures. You ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit! I really do love your blog.

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for visiting my blog for Anipal Appreciation Day.....AND for participating yourself!! It was fun learning about new blogs. I was happy to follow your link HERE and I will be visiting you again and again!

    Hugs, Sammy (and Mom Pam)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Always happy to make new friends.

      Delete
  5. Thanks so much for coming by our blog. We love your blog and will come here more often. Those two doggies sure look happy. You all have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. aaww Thank you so much for participating in our first annual Anipal Appreciation Day my new sweet friend. XOXO - Bacon

    ReplyDelete