Sunday, February 14, 2016

Sunday cat selfie: Cats and dogs in love

Lucy the cat posing nicely for her selfie
Let me admit something: I am in love with my iPhone. Lucy the blind cat has always been hard to photograph, simply because she doesn't like the noise of a camera or the bulk of a tablet. The iPhone has really been wonderful, because she can't feel it invading her space and I can mute it so it doesn't make any sounds at all. That means she'll hold still, looking right at me, for these pretty and detailed selfies. I am not usually a techno fan, but this might be my favorite cat tool ever!

So we worked a little this morning on special selfies for the blog hop for The Cat on My Head, and Lucy held these poses despite two very major distractions. Here's one.

Liam the pug standing by Lucy the blind cat

Liam the pug knows that most photography sessions involve treats. So he came right over to check things out when I started shooting. And where Liam goes, someone else follows.

Lucy the blind cat and Sinead the Boston terrier
Yup, Sinead the Boston terrier decided to get in on the action, too. I thought about shooing them away, and then I thought of something. It is Valentine's day, after all, and these are the two creatures Lucy loves most in the world. It's fitting that they should be in her portrait on this day of love, right?

So here's Lucy with her dog bookends. Doesn't she look happy?

Lucy the blind cat with her pug and her Boston terrier
Be sure to leave me a note, so I'll know you were here. And check back later for news about Sinead's mast cell tumor. Her surgery is scheduled for tomorrow morning. I'll update the page as soon as I know anything!

And thanks as always to our wonderful hosts of this blog hop. I love seeing all of the cute cat photos!

23 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day.
    #sundayselfies
    Annabelle,Boo,Ping, and Mr Jinx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the visit! Hope your day was wonderful.

      Delete
  2. I am glad you are willing to share you space Lucy. Dogs can be great play mates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucy is a dog lover from way back. It's one of the things I just really love about her.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful friendships make for beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucy is beautiful. Happy Valentine's Day to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Valentine's Day! Lucy looks lovely as do her bookends :)

    the critters in the cottage xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are like bookends, aren't they?

      Delete
  6. I LOVE that final shot of them together! I hope Sinead's surgery goes well tomorrow. Sending you and her lots of good vibes across the miles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I just got the call that she made it out of surgery fine, so I should be clear to pick her up soon. Now we wait for the report!

      Delete
  7. Lucy is a beauty! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the group shot! That is full of love. POTP for Sinead tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great selfies! We especially love that last one. :)

    Happy Valentine's Day to you, sweet pals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I like that last one best, too.

      Delete
  10. Happy Valentine's Day! What gorgeous selfies of everyone...love the close-up of Lucy! Sending purrs and prayers Sinead's way for a successful surgery and a recovery with ease.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that. I'll update the page when I know more.

      Delete
  11. Those are lovely Selfies, all of them. Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day and we hope everything went good with the surgery. Healing Pawkisses are on the way :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm sure she'll appreciate them!

      Delete
  12. These picctures made my week. I am so glad you are able to take good pictures of Lucy she is a beautiful cat!

    ReplyDelete