Sunday, February 7, 2016

Sunday cat selfie: Perfect cat photos take prep!

Popoki the cat in the sunshine
Popoki took advantage of a glorious sunny day to take her Sunday cat selfie. I think this is an excellent shot, if I do say so myself. But, Popoki wants everyone to know that this sort of perfection doesn't come about by accident. She had to do a lot of prep work in order to be worthy of praise from her buddies at The Cat On My Head.

Here's what she had to do.

First up, snacking. A grumpy and hungry cat makes for a terrible model. Before Popoki agreed to do any work, she needed to load up on some tasty snacks (and I don't blame her one bit). 
Popoki the cat gobbling some cat treats
Nom, nom, nom.
Next, grooming. A lady needs to look her best before she steps into the limelight and meets her adoring fans.
Popoki the cat caught while grooming
Getting kinda personal here!
Then napping. Rest can help to remove those pesky bags underneath the eyes and help kitty to look rested and glamorous.
Popoki the cat lying on her back
This is the best way to nap. Let it all hang out!
And then planning. She had to come up with the perfect expression for the shot, and that took a little deep thought.
Popoki the cat in deep thought
I think best with my chin in my paw.
So how did she do? Write her a little note and let her know. She'd love to write you back, but I'll have to interpret, as she has no thumbs....
Popoki the cat and her ballpoint pen
Cruel world. My journal is so empty.
And do visit the other blogs in this hop! People are so creative. I always love to see what everyone comes up with.

6 comments:

  1. Cat in Deep Thought was our favorite. Great job at preparation. Our mom never lets us prepare as she's afraid we'll run off. Mau wanted to let you know that he is indeed sturdy at 14+ pounds! XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your preparation was well worth it. Your selfie is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Popoki, you are adorable. Can I please rub that floofy tummy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Popoki,I just loved reading about all your prep for that perfect selfie. You really gave it your full effort and it paid off. It truly is a beautiful selfie. This is just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Popoki, you did a great job of preparing, and your selfie is marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chin in paw Selfie was such a great idea for a purrfect shoot, Popoki :) Pawkisses :) <3

    ReplyDelete