Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Wordless Wednesday: Happy and playful cat Popoki

Popoki the cat upside down in her cat house
It's been a bit of a tough week at Welcome to the Menagerie. Earlier this week, I found out that Sinead the Boston terrier has a mast cell tumor above her eye, and I'm waiting for/dreading Monday's surgery to remove it. (Read more about that issue here.)

In the midst of the sadness and worry, Popoki has been a real comfort. She's a silly and sweet girl, and she's been really trying to cheer everyone up by ramping up the antics. Here's just one example for today's Wordless Wednesday from BlogPaws. See how silly she gets in this catnip house scratcher?

Popoki the cat looks like she is counting her toes
Counting my toes. One, two, three...
Popoki the cat looks like she is falling asleep
These soft eyes mean "I love you."
If she can't cheer me up, she moves on to the dogs. If you look closely at this photo, you'll see that Popoki is trying to tap Sinead on her little head. Sinead isn't playing along, but I still think this is adorable.
Popoki the cat is trying to play with Sinead the Boston terrier
On Tuesday, I'll write up the results from Sinead's surgery. And I'm hoping to have her pathology report back later in the week. Thanks, in advance, to all of you who have reached out with words of support. It means a lot!

And now, back to the blog hop. Enjoy!

18 comments:

  1. Popoki brought a smile to my face, I am sure she can cheer you up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She tries her best, that's for sure. And that upside-down thing does really crack me up. Thanks for the visit!

      Delete
  2. Popoki is so cute! I love her silly antics in the cat house. :) I'm sorry to hear about Sinead's diagnosis. It is great that Popoki is there to help keep you strong through this hard time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has been really wonderful to have around. I mean, she always is. But I appreciate her even more right now, if that makes any sense.

      Delete
  3. Good luck with Sinead's surgery. I'm sending love and POTP to y'all. Popoki is adorable and would bring a smile to my face too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit and the good wishes! I'll share the results when I have them.

      Delete
  4. Oh no! I hope the surgery goes well. Keeping my fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. We're not thrilled about it, but I'm hoping it'll go well.

      Delete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear about Sinead's tumor. The waiting and worrying is tough but I'm glad the surgery is coming up soon. Hang in there and know lots of us are sending prayers and good thoughts your way.

    Give Sinead and Popoki a hug from us tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs delivered! And thanks for the kind thoughts. I'll be glad when the waiting part is done!

      Delete
  6. I'm so sorry to hear about Sinead's upcoming surgery. I hope the surgery and her recovery go smoothly. Sending lots of love and support across the miles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm a little worried about that recovery part, too. Head injuries hurt a lot. I'll have to push for good pain control.

      Delete
  7. What a welcome comfort Popoki is for you at this difficult time. We continue to purr and pray for Sinead, and you. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't she just? Thanks for all of the support. I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  8. How cute!

    Sending purrs and healing vibes.

    Purrs xx
    Athena and Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the visit and the nice words.

      Delete
  9. I'm so sorry!!
    We know how you feel, i'm waiting for a biopsy report to come in to let us know what is going on with my Dante's nose. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, rats! I didn't know that was going on! Hope Dante gets the all clear.

      Delete