Exotic shorthairs have some British shorthair ancestry, so their coats are thick and lush. They have long outer furs that bristle and glisten in the sunshine, but they have this deep fluffy stuff that sits underneath those long furs.
And you know what that means? Brushing.
Exotic shorthair cats like Popoki need a daily dance with a brush in order to stay slick and serene. Without that brushing, they shed hair all over the house. And they can struggle to keep things clean and free of tangles. So without brushing, she could end up with mats.
People call these cats the "lazy man's Persian," simply because they come with the flat face and without the long coats. But make no mistake: These can be high-maintenance cats that require a good deal of care in order to look and feel their best. They're not cats for the faint of heart.
And come to think of it, few cats are.
Most cats need at least a little bit of brushing on a weekly basis in order to stay soft, trim and slim. And most cats really like to be brushed by the people they love. Brushing, when done right, can be a bonding activity between a person and a cat. And brushing can be a mellowing activity people can use when their cats need to settle down for sleep.
Interested in more tidbits about grooming? I'll bet you are. And the nice folks at 9Lives reached out to me with some information about a new website all about cat grooming tips--provided by kitty expert Morris. Head on over to the site to see some really cute photos of cats doing the grooming thing, and enter win a pretty cool prize bundle that includes a robe and spa gift card for the human and a year's supply of 9Lives for the cats.
And, to thank me for writing up a little promo of that site, the team sent me a really cool kitty grooming kit.
- The contest ends at 12 AM Eastern on 4/13/2016.
- No purchase necessary.
- To enter, leave a comment on this blog entry (so I can prove you're not a robot). When you've done that, check off your work on the widget in this blog. No other entry formats allowed.
- The number of eligible entries received will determine your odds of winning.
- The winner will be chosen at random from the eligible entries.
- The name of the winner will be posted on this blog, and I'll try to contact you through your comments, too.
- The winner will have 1 week to claim the prize, and if it's not claimed, a new winner will be chosen at random.
- The prize will be sent to the winner by 9Lives, so you'll need to provide a valid mailing address.
- Open to residents of the United States, older than age 18.
- Void where prohibited by law.
Let's get to those entries!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Good luck! And don't forget to leave a comment!
Update: I have a winner! Congratulations to Linda, and thanks to everyone who entered!