Sunday, June 12, 2016

Exotic shorthair cat expressions: Popoki is a funny kitty!

Popoki the cat looking up
Popoki the exotic shorthair cat might be the most expressive kitty I've ever had. That why, in part, she's so fun to pop up on sites like Instagram (that's where this photo was originally posted, by the way). No matter how many times I photograph her, she always looks a little different.

But the other night, she made an absolutely weird little face that I've never seen a cat make before. And thankfully, I had my camera right there to capture the moment. I thought it would be perfect for the Sunday Cat Selfie series, as hosted by The Cat On My Head.

So let me show you what happened.

Popoki the cat is asleep

Popoki has decided that the television room is her room. And furthermore, she has decided that she needs to sit in a chair by herself, just like people do. So I oblige her by setting up a little chair between my chair and my husband's chair. Often, she snoozes. But sometimes, she likes me to pet her.

Cat with chin scratch

She is especially fond of a gentle chin scratch. She can reach this space with her back feet, of course, but she just goes crazy for people who will sort of tickle her under the chin. She'll hold still for hours in this pose, if you let her. And since she likes it so much, I do it all the time. And sometimes, I lose track of how long I've been tickling her. On this night, I wasn't paying attention to the time at all, until I heard Popoki making some very strange sounds.

Popoki the cat is asleep

That's her, asleep, while I am scratching her chin with my index finger. She's resting her upper teeth on my thumb there, and the noise I was hearing was her snoring. I don't think I've ever seen a face like this before, and my laughing woke her up.

I told her I'd be putting this photo up for Sunday Selfies, and I got this look.

Popoki the cat is angry

Angry cat selfie! Note those flat ears, and the puckered mouth. But I think she'll forgive me in time, don't you?

Have your cats ever fallen asleep like Popoki did? Shoot me a note in the comments and share your stories. And do be sure to visit the other blogs in the hop. It's a great way to make new friends!


Plus, you'll get to see awesome photos, too. You'll love it!

8 comments:

  1. Your Selfies are very cute this time, Popoki.even the angry one looks cute :)
    I remember when Granny and Grandpaw bought a couch for Grandpaw, I heard Granny thinking, that I also were allowed to sit and sleep on it. I took it literally! So I made the couch of myself and got very angry when Grandpaw wanted to sit on it. Now Granny is very alert on what she is thinking, but I still have the tendency to sleep on the place where Granny or Grandpaw sat..MOL :D We say: Risen is place perish :D Pawkisses for a Sunny Day :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Popoki, you have so many adorable and unique expressions. Usually when any of us get scritches like that we start drooling. You have the most unusual and mesmerizing eyes. Thanks so much for hopping. XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What adorably cute and sweet selfies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Popoki is absolutely beautiful, and so, so expressive! Yes, we are sure she'll forgive you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your selfies are adorable, Popoki. I love chin scritches too and sometimes fall asleep during them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I say, Popoki, that is one very severe look you have there, Selfies are meant to be fun! purrs ERin

    ReplyDelete