Sunday, June 19, 2016

Sunday cat selfie: Kittens will sleep anywhere

Fergus the kitten posing for the camera

A camera is an absolutely vital tool, when you have a kitten in the house. Every time I turn around, it seems like Fergus is doing something adorable. And this week, he's come up with the cutest habit that's perfect to share in the Sunday Selfies series, as hosted by The Cat on My Head.

Here's what's went down.

I knew I wanted to feature Fergus in this week's post, so I set out to find him. I searched all of his beds, my bed, all of the furniture and all of the spaces behind the furniture. I just couldn't find him anywhere, and since he doesn't know his name quite yet, I couldn't get him to come to me when I called.

And then I turned around and found this.

Fergus the kitten in a basket of toys

This is a basket that I use to collect dog toys. And it seems as though Fergus thinks this is a wonderful place to sleep. He was snuggled down for a nap, and he's been returning to that spot to nap throughout the day.

I suppose this makes sense. Many of the dog toys are plush, so a basket of toys is probably pretty darn soft. And, Fergus has a close relationship with both Liam and Sinead, so he probably finds the smell of their slobber pretty comforting. So I can see why he'd want to sleep here.

And it's clear that he does not want to me moved. Want to see a kitten pout? Here you go.

Fergus the kitten in a basket of toys

Look at those little pursed lips! He doesn't want to be messed with, since he's all snuggled down with toys. So, rather than upsetting him, I decided to just take his selfie while he was in a space in which he felt comfortable.

So here is Fergus, where he wants to be. Pretty good, right?

Fergus the kitten in a selfie

Thanks, as always, to the hosts of our hop. We always have so much fun working on photos and fun stuff for this blog.



If you've never hopped before, what are you waiting for? Check out the other awesome photos available. Just do me a favor: Leave me a blog comment first, so I'll know you were here. Thanks!

9 comments:

  1. Fergus is truly adorable! Is he a Ragdoll? His markings and eye colour are beautiful!

    the critters in the cottage xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure of his breed. Siamese? Birman? Rag doll? Maybe I should have a poll!

      Delete
  2. Hi, I gotta admit I couldn't resist a face like that. Fergus is so cute. And as for the pouting.... oh my! purrs ERin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fergus is so sweet snuggled in the toy basket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMC. Fergus is flat out adorable in that basket! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. SQUEEEE! Fergus is one of he very cutest kittens EVER. We definitely can tell he wasn't happy about being disturbed, but he certainly has the posing down even if he is unsure of his name. Thanks for hopping. XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the kitty pout selfie. Fergus is GORGEOUS ... in this house, that gets you out of a lot of trouble :)

    ReplyDelete