Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Tiny Boston terrier is ball obsessed

Sinead the Boston terrier and her ball

Somewhere deep inside Sinead's Boston terrier brain is a fixed idea. No matter how much I try to shift it, this idea won't go away. It's simple and it's sticky.

Playing ball with a human is much more fun when that human is doing something else.

Case in point: I'm eating a little snack and reading a novel when I feel a slight bit of weight hit the footrest. This is was my view. Since Sinead is never content with just one ball throw, I thought I'd just keep reading and see if she'd find a less-busy human to play with.

No dice.

Sinead the Boston terrier and her ball

Sinead has remarkable concentration skills. If you do not throw the ball, she'll just watch it very carefully. It's as though she is willing it to move (or you to move) with the power of her mind alone. Or maybe she's engaging in a little bit of hypnotism, trying to convince me to throw the ball with the power of her mind.

When that doesn't work, she has one more trick up her sleeve.

SInead the Boston terrier pawing at her ball

This is the old paw-at-the-ball trick. She is not pushing it hard enough to make it roll off or go away. She's just trying to nudge it in my direction, and she's probably hoping all that movement will make me give in and just throw the darn thing.

Did it work? Yup. I threw the ball. Who needs to snack or read, right? We have dogs to serve!

What do you think of Sinead's ball-handling techniques? Drop me a note and let me know. And remember: This is a blog hop! Be sure to visit the other blogs in the hop and make new friends.

8 comments:

  1. Pawsome work there Sinead…..you nose sometimes you haf to be persistent wiv the peeps to make them do what YOU want!!!!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures are just adorable! I agree, I wouldn't be able to resist Sinead either. 💗

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, very true! But she's so cute, so how could you resist?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I clearly wouldn't be able to resist. Walter does this same behavior but instead of a ball it's a kong which is worse as he expects it to be filled with treats!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I can totally understand. I try pawing people around here for more food, but they ignore me too! WOOF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I couldn't resist throwing it either. Rita' is funny with ball playing - or any toy really. She only wants to play for about 3 or 4 tosses. Then she's done - takes the toy to her bed and just wants to lay there with it. She's an odd duck!

    ReplyDelete