Sunday, December 4, 2016

Cat Christmas comes early: New cat toys to explore

Popoki in her tunnel with a new toy

Cats have a hard time in December in Oregon. It's both cold and wet here right now, which means Popoki can't spend time in her catio, and she doesn't feel like putting her little feet on wet pavement during a walk. So she's been spending a lot of time sleeping and very little time playing. She just doesn't seem motivated to get up and moving.

So I've been trying hard to come up with new forms of indoor entertainment for her to enjoy. And this week, I hit on two wonderful solutions. And they came just in time for our Sunday Selfie photo shoot for The Cat On My Head! Yay!

Popoki in her hide and sneak

The first is this Hide and Sneak tunnel (available from Dezi and Roo). I read about this online, and I decided to buy one for myself to see what the fuss is all about. This toy is essentially a big tunnel made of paper that is wonderful to both run through and sleep in, if you're a cat.

I unfurled the tunnel a little earlier this week, and Popoki hopped right in. Since then, she's been spending a few hours each day inside her tunnel. She seems to like to comfort and ease of being inside of a tight space. She enjoys it.

But unlike Fergus, who has absolutely ruined his tunnel in just a week of running and jumping and thrashing and playing, Popoki has spent most of her time just sleeping in her tunnel. She likes it, but it doesn't inspire her to play.

That's where the next awesome thing comes in.

Popoki the cat with her toy

A little later this week, I'm going to tell you about a Secret Paws holiday surprise we participated in. I'll have photos of the gifts we received, as well as notes about the things we're planning to send on out. It should be fun, so check back Thursday to see the details.

And here's a sneak peek: This is Popoki's favorite thing to come in our particular package. I tossed this little feather toy in her tunnel, and suddenly, we had a ton of play action going on. Running and leaping and mewling ensued. This girl had an awesome time.

She loves this particular toy so much, in fact, that I decided to seek out some of my own to send in my package to my Secret Paws partner. There must be something special about this toy!

In the midst of all of her play, Popoki was kind enough to pose for a selfie.

Popoki the cat in her tunnel

But clearly, she wants to get back to business. So I'll let her do just that.

Have you joined the hop yet? You should.


It's a great way to read new blogs you may have missed in the past, and you'll be able to make new friends along the way. I recommend it.

But before you go, leave me a note so I'll know you were here, okay?

8 comments:

  1. That is a lovely selfie. That toy looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tunnel is so cool. I may have to get one! Happy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Popoki, we love that the combination of your toy and that tunnel added up to lots of play and fun for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great selfie, I am glad she liked her new tunnel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That tunnel and the feather toy look like so much fun. There's not many greater joys than watching your cat thoroughly enjoy a new toy :) Popoki, you are a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you really hit the spot with that toy, and the tunnel which we have never heard of before, so will be checking that out later. Popoki sure does have a very expressive face and a great selfie. purrs ERin

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so good to see her play!! :-) We know it can be tough getting a cat engaged so this is one Good toy!

    We love the tunnel too and look forward to seeing them in the shops here!

    The Dash Kitten Crew

    ReplyDelete