Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Dogs in snow: The white stuff makes them grumpy

Sinead the Boston terrier in snow

I've seen countless videos of dogs enjoying the snow. Goofy dogs rolling on their backs, big dogs sliding down hills covered with ice and little dogs eating mouthfuls of snow thrown to them by happy people--I've seen all these and more. And, this week, many of those videos were made my friends of mine.

We were hit with an unusual amount of snow last week in my Oregon neighborhood. We don't often get snow, and we certainly don't get snow that both accumulates and sticks around for days. As a result, neither of my dogs know all that much about snow. And clearly, Sinead isn't a fan.

Liam the pug and Sinead the Boston terrier in the snow

She's giving me some serious stink eye in my opening photo, and since that didn't work, now she's scowling at Liam here.

To be honest, I'm a little surprised at her reaction. The day the snow hit, a package from Dog Gone Smart Pet Products arrived just for her, and it contained the snappy little red coat she is wearing here. In a previous blog post, I reviewed the coat Liam is wearing here, also from DGS. The company sent me Sinead's coat as a thank you for Liam's post, and this red wrapper should make Sinead as happy as anything in cold temperatures. In fact, the coat she's wearing is rated for minus 30 degree weather, and it's not even close to that temperature now.

But even while suited, Sinead puts on the brakes during the walk. Even cookies can't persuade her to pick up the pace. So she's been staying home, and this guy and I have been doing our walks solo. 

Liam the pug ready for a walk


I think he likes the alone time with mom. And he does look darn handsome in the coat, don't you think?

What do your dogs think of the snow? Leave me a note in the comments, won't you?

And consider joining this blog hop from BlogPaws. You'll meet up with plenty of other dog and cat bloggers and make some new friends. It's fun!

4 comments:

  1. Snow is very rare in Louisiana so our entire city comes to a standstill when it happens. The boys don't mind it but Bentley is such a low rider, he isn't a big fan of it. I love Sinead's expression. The coat is great. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so cute in your coats! Hasn't snowed in London for years.

    Purrs xx
    Athena and Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the look on Sinead's face is hilarious! They are gorgeous in those cozy coats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reminds me of Harley - once he did his "business" he could have cared less about staying out there.

    ReplyDelete