Sunday, April 23, 2017

Is your cat judging you?

Popoki the cat looking sleepy

Popoki has one of those perennially grumpy cat faces. No matter if she's happy or sad, she always looks just a little bit upset about what's going on around her. I think the downturned mouth has something to do with it. And when she's a little tired, her expressions move from grumpy to downright judgemental.

Need proof? Here are a few of the expressions I got when I woke Popoki up for her Sunday Selfie photo shoot to share with The Cat On My Head this morning.

Popoki the cat sneering

This is what I call the cat sneer. She tilts her head up and looks down her nose at me, while closing her eyes just a little bit. At this point in the shoot, I was waving a toy around in the air, trying to get her to open her eyes a little bit, and she clearly though that move was beneath me.

So I swapped toys, and moved to one that makes sounds when it's swinging through the air. She seemed really shocked that I thought this would work.

Popokl the cat looks weary

Eeesh. This looks very much like a judgement, doesn't it? It's as though I've just pitched the silliest idea in the world to this cat and she can't believe that I'm still talking. The combination of the cocked head and the squinted eyes is pretty devastating.

So I tried to move to treats, thinking that would help.

Popoki the cat seems disgusted

Now she can't even bear to look at me, so it seems the treats were a no go.

We'll leave it at that, shall we? It seems like miss grumpy might need a little beauty sleep.

Do your cats flash you signs of exasperation? Leave me a note in the comments and let me know.

And be sure to join in on the blog hop!



You'll have fun and make new friends, too. Join in!

14 comments:

  1. Aw, we know Popoki loves and appreciates you, even though her face doesn't always show it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, does look like you were right to cut your loses on that set of selfies. Had you tried a mouse? I find that always perks me up! MOL
    Purrs, Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are champions of the stink eye, and Lily Olivia rarely looks happy. Today's photo of Lily is definitely an aberration. You definitely look as if you are being judged and falling way short of Popoki's expectations. You'll just have to try harder. Thanks for being a hopper. XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo and Cooper Murphy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss Grumpy, be sure to get some rest! Happy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww...she is a cutie. My Brody has a grumpy look too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She has such a sweet face full of so many expressions. Even at her grumpiest she looks adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are very cute aren't you Popoki

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so funny! She is so judging you! Grumpy Cat, eat your heart out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep - seen those looks before. "You talkin' to ME?"

    ReplyDelete
  10. We call that look the "stink eye." Zoey probabl does the stink eye the best.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very familiar look, Popoki..MOL...but very cute too :D Pawkisses for a wonderful day :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Popoki is a sweetheart I am sure, she does have quite adramatic look!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been telling the hubs for years that our cat, Peanut Butter, is a judgemental b...well, you know. Sometimes I wonder if she is plotting against us when we're asleep.

    ReplyDelete